The one-day “Recipe to Reality” seminar is the first step in developing a food business. It is specifically designed to provide entrepreneurs with an understanding of the key issues they will need to consider when starting a food business. Participants include individuals interested in marketing a family recipe, individuals with a product idea or concept, producers considering adding value to an agricultural product, restaurateurs exploring the manufacturing of a house specialty and storeowners contemplating the development of private label products.
By attending “Recipe to Reality,” entrepreneurs gain in one day information that could take months to research on their own. You will acquire valuable knowledge on the basics of starting a food business. The seminar helps attendees understand the challenges of starting a food business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business and allows them to make an informed decision as to whether developing a business is the right choice for them.
For information on upcoming seminar dates and locations, click here.
"Recipe to Reality" provides a general overview of the many issues involved in developing a food manufacturing business. Seminar topics address important questions that every entrepreneur should consider:
- Market research and selection - What are your target market options? What is market research and how do you use it?
- Product and process development - How do you commercialize your recipe? What are your processing facility options?
- Food regulatory issues and agencies - What agencies govern the food industry? How do the food regulations affect your business?
- Packaging and labeling - What are the required elements of a food label? What claims are allowed on food labels?
- Pricing and cost analysis - How do you determine a competitive price for your product? What other business costs do I need to consider?
- Product introduction and sales - How do you introduce your product to the marketplace? How do you create sales?
- Promotional material package - How do you create your promotional message? What should your promotional package include?
- Food safety and sanitation - What are the basics of food safety? What are the microbiology concerns for food products?
- Business structure - How should you structure your business? How should you protect your business?