This critical first step in this process includes brainstorming sessions with both marketing and product development staff members. We emphasize creative, “outside the box” thinking in order to generate innovative food concepts. Once a promising concept is selected, our Product and Process Development team develops bench-top formulations and prepares samples for consumer testing and scale-up.
If you already have an xisting product, are you in need of some product reformulations to achieve higher market share? Let the Food Processing Center's product development and marketing staff help you with:
- Reformulations to reduce trans fat, sodium, total carbohydrates, etc.
- Line extensions to reach new markets such as Organic, Gluten-Free, etc.
- Consumer surveys to measure response and purchase intent to proposed label changes.
- Replacement of allergenic ingredients with functional alternatives.
- Sensory evaluation to evaluate impact of vitamin and mineral fortification on flavor profiles.