Maximize your business opportunities with the business strategy, analysis and consultation expertise of The Food Processing Center. Whether your firm is in the idea stage, stuck in neutral or expanding, The Food Processing Center can help you optimize the revenue and profit of your firm.
Launched in 1989, the National Food Entrepreneur Program has helped thousands of entrepreneurs nationwide realize their dream of starting a food company. As a new or potential food entrepreneur, it is often difficult to find an accurate source of the information necessary to successfully launch a business in the food industry. Ensuring a food product survives and prospers in a highly competitive marketplace requires informed decisions, careful planning, and precise execution.
- Market research and selection - What are your target market options? What is market research and how do you use it?
- Product and process development - How do you commercialize your recipe? What are your processing facility options?
- Food regulatory issues and agencies - What agencies govern the food industry? How do the food regulations affect your business?
- Packaging and labeling - What are the required elements of a food label? What claims are allowed on food labels?
- Pricing and cost analysis - How do you determine a competitive price for your product? What other business costs do I need to consider?
- Product introduction and sales - How do you introduce your product to the marketplace? How do you create sales?
- Promotional material package - How do you create your promotional message? What should your promotional package include?
- Food safety and sanitation - What are the basics of food safety? What are the microbiology concerns for food products?
- Business structure - How should you structure your business? How should you protect your business?
January 20, 2018 (8 AM - 5 PM) - Lincoln, Nebraska – Registration Deadline January 5, 2018
March 31, 2018 (8 AM - 5 PM) – Lincoln, Nebraska – Registration Deadline March 20, 2018
June 2, 2018 (8AM - 5PM) - Lincoln, Nebraska – Registration Deadline May 20, 2018
June 16, 2018 (8AM - 5PM) - Lihue, Hawaii – For more information or to register for this seminar please contact:
Kaua`i Economic Development Board
4290 Rice Street
Līhu`e, HI 96766
August 11, 2018 (8 AM - 5 PM) - Lincoln, Nebraska – Registration Deadline July 30, 2018
October 27, 2018 (8 AM – 5 PM) – Lincoln, Nebraska – Registration Deadline October 15, 2018
- Business Development
- Product & Process Development
- Label & Package Development
- Regulatory Compliance
- Product Pricing
- Processing Facility Location
- Promotional Tools & Strategy
- Do you have entrepreneurs in your community who would like to start a food company?
- Do existing small food manufacturers seek specific food-related business assistance from you?
- Would you like a resource that provides entrepreneurs with everything they need to start a food business?
For more information contact:
National Food Entrepreneur Program Manager
The Food Processing Center
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
1901 North 21 ST
Lincoln, NE 68588-6206